Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Always Happens.

how does this always happen to me?! i try so hard to stay "connected" with the 3 followers i have and i cant even do that? wow. i need to really work on committing myself. oh well. I'm sorry again you guys and i will as always try and try again to post asap.

anyways,... i have done quite a bit within the time i haven't posted! i took a tour of the Savannah, SCAD (amazing), went to few parties, and came to visit some of my family in Orlando. so much to say that i don't know how to start. i guess i will just jump into it.

the parties were actually super fun! I'm not a big party person at all so when my friend Garrett and Connor had their birthday parties I'm going to be honest, i was not the hyped. i feel bad for saying that but i just really don't like big parties that much. Garret's was at his house, Connors party on the other hand was at the beach and let me tell you, i got the WORST sunburn i have ever gotten in my life!!!! i never burn really and i put lotion on 3 times through out the day and it didn't work i guess. the pain that was in my face and shoulders was so intense i thought i might have gotten sun poisoning. yes, that bad. the color of my skin was about a 8 on a scale of 1-10, 10 being like a fire engine. ridiculous. but they were both really great and I'm happy that i decided to go to them :)

SCAD was super cool. we got to take a tour of all the buildings and see how everything worked and what they had.its really really nice! they spend a bunch of money on supplies and such so they basically have everything you could possibly need. of course the interior design building was my favorite. it was really organized and clean, all the students had their own work space, overall just really nice.the dorms were bigger than the ones in Atlanta. the entire building was actually new too. all of the buildings except the dorms were original to Savannah so it was really cool to see the old architecture. I'm really excited when i get to apply to one of them. I'm not sure which one yet but I'm sure it will be great either way!!

Orlando has been really fun so far as well. my little cousin Jordan and Nathan are just adorable. of course i miss my mom,dad, and brother since i came down alone but i have only been here for about a week and a half now so its not too bad. the kids have camp and my uncle works so I'm home with my aunt usually but we go and do things a lot so its ok. we went to IKEA yesterday and holy cow, that places in HUGE! i was drooling practically the entire time we were there. i would love to be one of the people to design the example rooms there. it would probably be a good thing to do as practice for a future job. i don't know if we have one by me but if i do they better watch out because i will be there all the time. i like it because its not the best furniture and accessories in the world but its way cheap for what you get and they have some really really cool stuff. it was like my heaven so i cant imagine how excited i will be when i finally get to actually make and design rooms. -sigh- one day.

well, that's all for now i suppose so i will type you all later!
have a dandy day and happy blogging.
- becca ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment